Last year flew by with the quickness. I can honestly say that was the most challenging, yet most beautiful year of my life. I learned more that year than I remembered to jot down, but here goes some…
1. Take responsibility and make decisions even if you really don’t want to. Because guess what? It turns out okay in the end.
2. Don’t beat yourself up for making a decision that contradicts with what someone else thinks. If you believe it, why bother explaining yourself.
3. Don’t date a person that you wouldn’t want to be the parent to your child.
4. Doubt never means yes and always means no or wait.
5. Do not be deceived: “Bad company ruins good morals.”1 Corinthians 15:33 ESV
6. Don’t apologize for who you are or what you know. Be okay with being misunderstood. You have no control over how other people react to your truth.
7. Don’t become so afraid of change that you miss the opportunity to grow.
8. Relax, slow down and smell the flowers.
9. Take time to get to learn yourself. Now is the only time you’ll have to get to know you and explore. Take that time for you.
10. Be firm in your decisions and not easily wavered.
11. Renew your mind daily.
12. You never know what’s on the other side of your obedience.
13. Don’t ever wish to be like someone else. You’d be surprised to find out what you’re wishing for isn’t truly what it seems.
14. You are your own individual creation. Be you. Don’t ever be afraid to be you.
15. There’s nothing greater than authenticity.
16. Feel the fear, but do it anyway.
17. Chase God and dreams, not boys.
18. Take it to the throne and not the phone.
19. Be mindful.
20. God does not make mistakes.
21. Life is not a matter of milestones, but moments.
22. Don’t try to live out someone else’s path; we have all been called to different paths.
23. Don’t entertain things to satisfy a temporary need.
24. Stop trying to get the world to like you, the world doesn’t love God so why would they love you?
25. Never be ashamed to tell others about God and what you believe in.
26. It’s so much bigger than you.
27. The waiting period is the preparation period.
28. Only God can meet Godlike expectations.
29. You can’t change someone. Only that person can change themselves.
30. Do not judge or you yourself will be judged. The very person you see going out every night can be used by God.
31. Respect yourself and others will respect you as well.
32. Be the kind of friend you would want to have.
33. “There’s nothing in this world that can satisfy the longing in our hearts.”
34. Let pride go.
35. Search your heart and search it often.
36. Walk the talk.
37. You’re never aware of how much influence your authenticity has on someone else.
38. Don’t hold people up to a higher expectation than what they really are. You’re only going to disappoint yourself.
39. Check yourself before you wreck yourself.
40. You’re your own person. Not x,y, and z, but Esther.
41. God meets you where you are.
42. Never be ashamed of the decisions you’ve made. They were once yours and you’ve learned from them so embrace them.
43. Rule #1: never catch feelings for F boys.
44. You’re forever an evolving version of yourself.
45. Don’t settle.
46. Live free.
47. No ones gonna love you like you love you.
48. To yourself be true.
49. Change is inevitable (whether intentional or not).
50. Passion: if you have it, cultivate it.
51. Easy, breezy, beautiful.
52. Live the truth, not the lie.
53. Can’t give up, won’t give in.
54. You already have your so called “perfect body.” All you have to do is sculpt it.
55. If you invested as much time into yourself as you do into others, imagine where you would be now.
2016 was definitely a year of growing passions, gaining awareness, becoming best friends with pain, and celebrating false identities. All in all nonetheless, I am grateful. No resolutions for this year, just aiming for pure growth.